That is all I can say “Really”?.
Here’s a list of those modern conservative “small(er) government” principles:
• Did the GOP secure the border with control of the White House and Congress? NO.
• Did the GOP balance the budget with control of the White House and Congress? NO
• Did the GOP even pass a FY 2016 budget with control of the House and Senate? NO.
• Who gave us a $2.5 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill in December 2015? The GOP
• Who eliminated, not just raise but eliminated, the debt ceiling? The GOP
• Who gave us the TSA? The GOP
• Who gave us the Patriot Act? The GOP
• Who expanded Medicare to include prescription drug coverage? The GOP
• Who created the precursor of “Common Core” in “Race To the Top”? The GOP
• Who played the race card in Mississippi to re-elect Thad Cochran? The GOP
• Who paid Democrats to vote in the Mississippi primary? The GOP
• Who refused to support Ken Cuccinnelli in Virginia? The GOP
• Who supported Charlie Crist? The GOP
• Who supported Arlen Spector? The GOP
• Who supported Bob Bennett? The GOP
• Who worked against Jim DeMint? The GOP
• Who worked against Rand Paul? The GOP
• Who worked against Ted Cruz? The GOP
• Who worked against Mike Lee? The GOP
• Who worked against Ronald Reagan? The GOP
• Who is working against Donald Trump? The GOP
• Who said “I think we are going to crush [the Tea Party] everywhere.”? The GOP (McConnell)
McConnell and Boehner mcconnell ryan
And, you wonder why we’re frustrated, desperate for a person who can actually articulate some kind of push-back?
Here’s a shock for ya – We are not just pushing back against Obama, Pelosi and Reid, we are also desperate for push back against you.
Inasmuch as President Obama is our fiscal enemy, so too are Mitch McConnell, John Boehner and now Paul Ryan. Which leads to the next of the GOP talking points. Where they opine:
“Politics is a game where you don’t get everything you want”
Fair enough. But considering us “whacko birds” have simply been demanding common sense, ie. fiscal discipline, a BUDGET would be nice.
The last federal budget was passed in September of 2007, and EVERY FLIPPING INSUFFERABLE YEAR we had to go through the predictable fiasco of a Government Shutdown Standoff and/or a Debt Ceiling increase specifically because there is NO BUDGET!
That’s a fiscal strategy?
That’s the GOP strategy?
Essentially: Lets plan for an annual battle against articulate Democrats and Presidential charm, using a creepy guy who cries and another old mumbling fool who dodders, knowing full well the MSM is on the side of the other guy to begin with?
THAT’S WAS YOUR GOP STRATEGY?
Don’t tell me it’s not, because if it wasn’t there’d be something else being done. And to make matters even more brutally obvious – when given control of the House and Senate in 2015 what did the GOP do?
The Republican DC politicians eliminated the entire debt ceiling, passed a $2.5 trillion omnibus spending bill, and kicked the can all the way to March 2017.
That’s a flippin’ solution?
That’s a republican solution?
That’s a conservative solution?
And don’t think we don’t know the 2009 “stimulus” became embedded in the baseline of the federal spending, and absent of an actual budget it just gets spent and added to the deficit each year, every year. Yet this is somehow smaller fiscal government?
….And you’re worried about what Donald Trump might do?